Wherever you are, at sea, on land, the rescueME PLB1 provides the reassurance that global emergency services can be alerted by the press of a button.
- 30% smaller (typ) by volume
- Easily fits to lifejacket*
- Retractable Antenna
- 7 Year Battery Life
- 7 year warranty
- 24+ hour operational life
- High brightness strobe light >1candela
- 66 channel GPS receiver
- Unique mounting clip
- Operates on the global Cospas Sarsat rescue system
- Free to use, no subscription charges
The rescueMe PLB1 can be operated with a single hand in even the most challenging situations. A simple spring loaded flap covers the activation button preventing inadvertent use.
rescueME PLB1 works with the only officially recognised worldwide dedicated search and rescue satellite network (operated by Cospas Sarsat). As this is funded by governments there are NO CHARGES to use this service.
When activated the rescueME PLB1 transmits your position and your ID to a Rescue Coordination Center via satellite link. Rescue services nearest to your are promptly notified of your emergency and regularly advised of your current location to assist prompt rescue.
The rescueME PLB1 has an optional flotation pouch** to enable it to float. Please note that the PLB will not float in an operating position in the pouch. Please ensure the PLB is firmly attached to the pouch with the provided lanyard, using suitable self locking knots.
* Always refer to the manufacturer for specific instructions before installing this product directly to your life jacket.
** To comply with national regulation PLB1 beacons supplied to Australia and New Zealand have a floatation pouch permanently attached
406MHz Satellite Transmitter
- Frequency 406.040MHz
- Tolerance ±1kHz
- Output Power 5watts (nominal)
- Stability 2ppb/100ms
- Modulation Phase ±1.1radians (peak)
- Emission Designator 16K0G1D
- Encoding Bi-phase L
- Data Rate 400bps
- Duration 520ms
121.5MHz Homing Beacon
- Output Power 25-100mW PERP
- Modulation Swept Tone AM
- Emission Designator 3K20A3X
- Modulation Depth 85-100%
- Sweep Range 400Hz – 1300Hz
Low Duty Cycle Strobe Light
- Light Type High intensity LED
- Output Power ~1candela
- Sensitivity Cold Start -148dBm
- Sensitivity Re-acquisition -163dBm
- Satellites channels tracked 60
- GPS Antenna Microstrip patch
- Type Lithium Primary
- Chemistry Manganese Dioxide (LiMnO2)
- Operational Life >24hours @ -20°C
- Operating Temperature Range -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temperature Range -30°C to +70°C
- Waterproof 15metres at +20°C
- Drop 1metre @ -30°C